Effective Date: August 21, 2020
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about the type of device or web browser, IP address, Ad Id, your device’s operating system, your internet service provider, language and time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you use the Site, we automatically collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, the features you use, emails you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We also collect imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
We automatically collect information using the following tracking technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device and often include a unique identifier for your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
Additionally when you interact with the Site, such as when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your first and last name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit and/or debit card numbers, expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments, etc.), email address, and phone number. We also collect profile data, including your interests, inferences, preferences and favorites. In addition, we collect the content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support).
We also collect information from other sources. The categories of source from which we collect information include: social networks that you interact with; partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities; and publicly available sources, including data in the public domain.
- Operate and manage our Site;
- Perform services requested by you, such as responding to your comments, questions, and requests, and providing customer service;
- Communicate with you, such as sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats of harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site) and other Tyler Mitchell Studios websites, apps, marketing efforts, products, and services;
- Develop and send direct marketing and communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services;
- Fulfill any other purpose at your direction; and
- With notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Service Providers. We share information with service providers that process information on our behalf. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing, website hosting and technical support. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We prohibit our service providers from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purpose other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors and other parties for analytics related purposes. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on analytics, see the “Analytics” section below.
- Affiliates. We share information with our affiliates and related entities, including where they act as our service providers for their own internal purposes.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, including to meet national security requests. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Site, or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
We offer parts of our Site through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by other parties. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by other parties into parts of our Site.
Some examples include:
- Links. Our Sites includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us.
- Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Site that allows you to log-in to your account through a third-party payment processor such as Google Pay or PayPal. If you choose to engage with such integrations, we may receive information from the payment processor that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the payment processor may independently collect information about you through the integration.
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use and access the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Site and your rights and choices regarding analytics, please see the “Information Collected Automatically” and “Your Rights and Choices” section.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Analytics. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Do not track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Please note, however, that there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address or device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
The Site is intended for general audiences, and is not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information in violation of COPPA, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove the personal information in accordance with COPPA. We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and registered to use the Site, you can ask us to remove any content or information you have posted on the Site. To make a request, email us at the email address set out in “Contact Us” section with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
Items From The Studio
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Tyler Mitchell Studios Inc., 15 Lawton St, Apt 31, Brooklyn NY 11221, United States
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at email@example.com.
These additional disclosures apply only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know and delete, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
We have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
For further details on information we collect, including the sources from which we receive information, review the “Information Collection” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “Use of Information” section above, including to manage our Service.
We do not sell personal information as the term “sale” is defined in the CCPA.
You have the right to know certain details about our data practices in the past 12 months. In particular, you may request the following from us:
In addition, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through the email address or physical address set out in the “Contact Us” section about. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in “Contact Us” above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
Data protection laws in Europe distinguish between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”). Tyler Mitchell Studios Inc. acts as a controller with respect to personal data collected as you interact with our websites and emails.
If you are a data subject in European, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any issues with our compliance, please contact us through the contact information above. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Data protection laws in Europe require a “lawful basis” for processing personal data. Our lawful bases include where: (a) you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes, either to us or to our service providers or partners; (b) processing is necessary in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site); (c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (d) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests. Where applicable, we will transfer your personal data to third countries subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses.
Please note that we retain information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.